Tanjier are an alt-pop band based in Dublin. They have been receiving rave reviews for their live energetic performances and ability to write irresistible hooks and melodies. Their sound is inspired by acts like The 1975, LANY, LCD Soundsystem and Sigrid.
Tanjier are earning a reputation as one of the most exciting Irish live acts. After acclaimed performances at Electric Picnic, Forbidden Fruit and Other Voices, they toured Ireland with True Tides and supported Sorcha Richardson, Slow Readers Club, and Le Galaxie. They sold out their last headline gig in Dublin.
Tanjier are Mick Killen, Ronan Lynch, and Tommy Buckley. Mick and Ronan are from Donegal, Ireland. They have known each other since school, aged 4. Their teenage years were spent playing music together. When Tommy met Mick at Teacher Training College in Dublin, the two spent hours making in the college's music room and eventually formed a band. Ronan joined shortly after.
Tanjier are quietly tucked away in the studio recording and plotting big things to make 2020 a special year.
1. Notable Festival Appearances
- Output Music Showcase (Belfast)
- Forbidden Fruit (Undergrowth Stage)
- Electric Picnic (Body and Soul, Cosby Tent)
- Castlepalooza (Main Stage)
- Other Voices (Music Trail - Festival closer)
2. Success with recent releases
- Have amassed almost half a million streams on Spotify. (Click here to listen)
- Featured on official Spotify playlists e.g. ‘The Pop List’, ’New Music Friday’, ‘New Pop Revolution’, ‘Alt-Pop’ etc.
- Playlisted on 2FM and received regular radio play on Today FM, Spin 1038, Spin SW, Cork's Red FM, 96FM, Irish Music Radio, BBC Across the Line, BBC Radio Wales
3. Headline Ticket Sales
- Studio 10 - Dublin - 80 tix - SOLD OUT
- Balor Arts Theatre - Donegal - 150 tix
- Spirit Store - Dundalk - 80 tix
- Nelliefreds - Dingle - 80 tix
4. Recent Accolades
- Today FM’s ‘Irish Artist of the Week’
- Nialler9’s ‘Top 50 Best New Irish Acts of 2018’
- 2FM’s ‘Fresh on Friday’
- Spin 1038’s ‘Ones to Watch’
5. Previous Support Slots
- True Tides Irish Tour (Up to 400 pax)
- Le Galaxie (Westival - 200 pax)
- The Riptide Movement (Bandon - 200 pax)
- The Strypes (Cork - 200 pax)
- Sorcha Richardson (Crowbar - 60 pax)
- Slow Readers Club (Button Factory - 300 pax)
- Ryan Sheridan (Cork - 200 pax)